310.956.4600 [email protected]

In many divorce cases that involve the best interest of their children, child support is issued in order for a parent to pay for the support of the child and the primary parent in charge of supporting the child. The timeframe can vary in each state, and the court systems would have the non-custodial parent to ensure the monthly support payments.

There are some questions as to what happens when a parent decides to move to another state, and what is the legal jurisdiction in these issues. Which state will have the jurisdictions? The former state the parent lived in or the one he’s currently living? 

Farbod Majd Esq.
Divorce Attorney w/ offices in Beverly Hills/Los Angeles
Services in English, Turkish, and Farsi/Persian (Iranian/American Lawyer)

8383 Wilshire Blvd Suite 646, Beverly Hills, CA 90211

310.956.4600 | Fax: 310.878.8989 | [email protected]