310.956.4600 [email protected]

Iranian Divorce Attorney, Majd Law Firm


When filing for a divorce, domestic or family violence is an important issue to bring up. It is important that you seek legal help from a lawyer sooner rather than later. As you are likely aware by now, divorce is a complex process. One wrong word said and it can lead to consequences in regard to your divorce case and potentially criminal prosecution.

If you are a victim of any spousal violence, you can get a restraining order against your abusive spouse with assistance from Majd Law Firm. Consult one of our attorneys in Beverly Hills for more information or advice on your case.

If you are at risk of being harmed immediately, contact your law enforcement quickly to ensure that you remain safe and out of harm’s way.

Action to Be Immediately Protected

One way to protect yourself quickly is to get a temporary restraining order or TRO, which protects the victim for 21 days and grans a court hearing that allows them to ask for a restraining order that lasts 1 to 3 years.

An emergency protective order or EPO can be issued by law enforcement and begins protecting you immediately. If you have an EPO, judges can order that an abusive spouse must leave the home to give the victim the time and opportunity to file for a better and more effective restraining order.

There are three other types of restraining orders you can use: a civil harassment, elder/dependent adult abuse, and workplace violence orders. Each of these orders work if you are in a situation involving violence between yourself and your neighbors, coworkers, or distant family members, for example.

Discuss your situation with Farbod Majd & Associates to help us determine what would be the best course of action for you to take for your particular situation.

Submit a Comment

2 + 5 =